Bank of the James Stadium

Park Name: Calvin Falwell Field at Bank of the James Stadium

Tenants: Lynchburg Hillcats (Low-A East)


Opened: 1940

Grandstand Rebuilt: 2004

Address: 3180 Fort Avenue, Lynchburg, Virginia 25401

Dimensions: 325' (L), 390' (C), 325' (R)


Former Tenants:

Lynchburg Senators (Virginia League) 1940-1942

Lynchburg Cardinals (Piedmont League) 1943-1955

Lynchburg Senators (Appalachian League) 1959

Savannah/Lynchburg White Sox (South Atlantic League) 1962

Lynchburg White Sox (South Atlantic League) 1963

Lynchburg White Sox (Southern League) 1964-1965

Lynchburg White Sox (Carolina League) 1966-1969

Lynchburg Twins (Carolina League) 1970-1974

Lynchburg Rangers (Carolina League) 1975

Lynchburg Mets (Carolina League) 1976-1987

Lynchburg Red Sox (Carolina League) 1988-1994

Lynchburg Hillcats (Carolina League) 1995-2019

The view from behind home plate at Calvin Falwell Field.

The view from down the first base line, looking out toward the scoreboard in left field.

The view from down the third base line, looking toward the auxiliary scoreboard in right field.

The grandstand at Bank of the James Stadium. The renovations in 2004 added a suite level building on top of the classic covered grandstand structure.

The pressbox still sits within the seating bowl, rather than being moved to the suite level during renovations.

The grandstand features long rows of general admission seats, with only a few rows of reserved seating behind each dugout.

Bleachers run down the first base line, leading to the tiered party deck in the right field corner.

The clubhouse runs right up against the field, leading to a short walk out for the home bullpen pitchers.

The playing field slopes downward from the plate, creating a small hill leading to the backstop.

The buildings of downtown Lynchburg are visible beyond Lynchburg's city football stadium.

The Blue Ridge Mountains are visible beyond the outfield fence.

The Lynchburg Hillcats on the field during a game at Bank of the James Stadium.