Retired Parks‎ > ‎

Copper King Stadium

Park Name: Copper King Stadium

In Use: 1913-2019
Grandstand Rebuilt: 1948
Address: 1745 Carmelita Avenue, Douglas, Arizona 85607

Former Names: 
Douglas Field (1913-1947)
Douglas Stadium (1948)

Former Tenants:
Douglas Miners (Rio Grande Association) 1915
Douglas Blues (Copper League) 1925-1927
Bisbee-Douglas Yanks (Arizona-Texas League) 1947
Bisbee-Douglas Miners (Arizona-Texas League) 1948
Bisbee-Douglas Copper Kings (Arizona-Texas League) 1949-1950
Bisbee-Douglas Copper Kings (Southwest International League) 1951
Bisbee-Douglas Copper Kings (Arizona-Texas League) 1952-1954
Bisbee-Douglas Copper Kings (Arizona-Mexico League) 1955
Douglas Copper Kings (Arizona-Mexico League) 1956-1958
Bisbee-Douglas Copper Kings (Arizona-Mexico League) 2003
Douglas Diablos (Pecos League) 2014
Mexican Baseball Fiesta (Exhibition Series) 2017-2019

The view from behind home plate at Copper King Stadium.

The view from down the first base line.

The view from down the third base line.

The grandstand at Copper King Stadium, as seen from the third base side of the park.

The seating bowl features long rows of aluminum bleachers covered by a roof.

Seating boxes run along the front of the grandstand and feature removable seating.

The "pressbox" at Copper King Stadium is just a table at the top of the grandstand.

A small section of bleachers runs down the first base line.

Another small section of bleachers sits on the third base side of the park.

Copper King Stadium sits next to a football stadium and small rows of bleachers sit underneath the football stands looking out toward the outfield.

The concourse runs behind the grandstand and features picnic tables seating.

The outfield wall, with the flags of the United States and Mexico above the fence.

The scoreboard sits above the center field wall at Copper King Stadium.