NY-Penn League‎ > ‎

Dwyer Stadium




Park Name:
Dwyer Stadium
Tenants: Batavia Muckdogs (NY-Penn League)

Opened: 1937
Grandstand Rebuilt: 1996
Address: 701 Porter Road, Batavia, New York 16802

Dimensions: 325' (L), 400' (C), 325' (R)

Former Names: 
State Street Park (1937-1946)
MacArthur Stadium (1946-1973)


Former Tenants:
Batavia Clippers (PONY League) 1939-1953
Batavia Indians (NY-Penn League) 1957-1959
Batavia Pirates (NY-Penn League) 1961-1965
Batavia Trojans (NY-Penn League) 1966-1987
Batavia Clippers (NY-Penn League) 1988-1997
Empire State Yankees (International League) 2012 {Alternate Field}


The view from behind home plate at Dwyer Stadium.


The view from down the first base line.


The view from down the third base line.


The outfield. The wall is fairly uniform all the way around.


The grandstand at Dwyer Stadium. The pressbox is located underneath the covered area. The grandstand was rebuilt in 1996, but the field has been in continuous use since 1939.


Bleacher seating down the third base line. There are identical bleachers on the first base side.


A live dog (a Muckdog?) mascot hangs out on the field before and after a game.


The sun sets over the Batavia Muckdogs on the field at Dwyer Stadium.




Comments